Friday, January 30, 2009

Music for All Occasions

Spread the word...I'm starting my Wedding/special occasion singing business this wedding season (spring). I've never really been paid to sing at anyone's wedding or funeral or debut or anything, but I'm going to start. I need your suggestions for songs that are normally sung at weddings, funerals, parties, or what have you. Here are some of the songs I already have down.

Love Songs
When You Say You Love Me
Deh Vieni Non Tardar
Misty
The Nearness of You
There is Love
From This Moment On
Unforgettable
Mushaboom
Our Love is Here to Stay
Sogno di Infanzia
Besame Mucho
The Best is Yet to Come
The Way You Look Tonight

Hymns
Great is Thy Faithfulness
Be Thou My Vision
How Great Thou Art
Amazing Grace
It is Well


Songs for Worship
Here is Love
Here I Am
In Christ Alone
Jesus is Lord
How Deep the Father's Love for Us

Bereavement
Prayer of St. Francis
Ave Maria
Our Father
Unforgettable

I'm at a loss as to how much to charge people. A friend of mine does this on the side, he's not a very good singer but says he makes a ton of money during wedding season because not everyone has musically talented friends like we do! He charges $200 for his services, an extra $100 if they want him at the rehearsal. This is a fixed rate for 1 song or 50! I feel like it's kinda steep! Anyway, I'm really hoping this takes off, because I really would like to use my degree in some way. I also love weddings.

3 comments:

George Justin Blizzard said...

Love Song:

Hulk's the One

Death Song:

Hulkster in Heaven

Elise Krepcho said...

hahaha, perrrfect!

Unknown said...

girl i have so many songs you could do and accompinament tracks you can have. good idea. its about time someone in the family made a business of it.